Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pinterest Pacifier

I saw these on Pinterest, so I can't take any credit for the idea. I did figure out how to do it on my own, mostly because I am lazy and hate following directions!

I opted to use a clear pacifier to add to the illusion that the baby actually has a mustache.

I cut a small rectangle of brown felt. I would like to re-create this craft with fun foam, but I didn't have any. So, I'll have to see how this holds up to washing and I will have to be OK with it just being a prototype.

Next I cut a small notch out of the felt so that it fit the shape of the pacifier better. I then looked at a picture of a mustache and cut the rest of the felt to match. (Hint: get half of it perfect and then fold in half to copy the shape)

Finally, I tested the mustache size on Joshua, making sure it didn't cover his nose.

Now Joshua has a fun new pacifier, I can check one more project off of my Pinterest list, AND I think I have a start on Joshua's Halloween costume!

No comments: