Friday, October 14, 2011

Discount Decorations (part 2)

So, "normal" people are finishing up their Halloween decorating, but I am finishing up the details for Lydia's "Four and Fabulous" party in JUNE!  I always like a year or so to work with a theme, mostly so that I can watch for bargains.  For the Alice in Wonderland party, I bought tons of heart themed paper goods on clearance after valentines day.  For the "three under the sea" party, I found summer beach and ocean themed goods on sale in the fall.
With this year's pink and black color scheme, I will be hunting lots of after Halloween sales for black and after Valentines day for pink.  I can't find everything that I want that way so I also price a few dream ideas by looking online, so that I will know if a good deal comes along.  I love the idea of feather boas for a fun prop at the glam party, but they are usually between $4 and $6 each.  This week I was in a Dollar General store looking for stuff for the alligator baby shower and I spotted these child size feather boas for ONE DOLLAR!!! They only had 2 or 3 in the hot pink, but I checked another DG and found a couple more.  
I mentioned the find to my sister and she vowed to check the DG near her school. She found a few more hot pink, but she also discovered black feather boas in the Halloween section! I have grabbed so many that I have lost count.  They also had light pink and light purple and the non-Halloween ones came with a bracelet too!
Just as I was getting ready to leave the DG, I saw a table of summer clearance items.  They had hot pink plastic table cloths marked down from $1.50 each to 42 CENTS each!!! I bought all that they had.  I don't know yet where I will put them all, but I am sure they will come in handy... and I do have almost a year to figure it out!

No comments: