Friday, June 21, 2013

Thrifted Romper turned into Frog Prince Perfection!

Lydia has a special birthday outfit to wear to her princess themed party, but what about baby brother? I had this romper with a frog on it, so I decided to embellish it a little to fit the party theme.

The first thing I did was trace the existing design onto a piece of paper. I held it up to a light so I could see the design through the paper. The biggest challenge were the small flies embroidered around the frog. I strategically positioned my embellishments to hide these details.

I double checked that my pattern fit before investing too much time or effort.

Next I ironed some Heat-n-bond to some scrap t-shirt fabric and cut it to shape.

I added a few more princely details, sewed down the edges and added some paint pen outlines and jewels. I predict that Joshua will be smothered in kisses in this outfit!

No comments: