I also picked up these cute small canisters at the thrift store. They were a really dirty looking dark wood, but I sprayed them too. I decided they would make great storage for the felt food I have been sewing for Lydia. That's bacon on the left. I used elastic to create the fatty parts and to make it curl and ripple. On the right is an orange wedge and some strawberries.
The corn and carrot started basically the same way, as fat rectangles. I sewed a tube for the corn and a cone for the carrot. Both were gathered at the top. The carrot got some green leaves added and it was finished. I gathered the yellow in several strips to create the texture of kernels and then finished up with some long leaves.
I have also made a fried eggs, two pieces of toast, some lettuce and a slice of tomato. The felt is so easy to work with and I have been enjoying thinking about how to sculpt various food shapes, that Lydia will actually recognize, and want to pretend with. She is having fun and I am having fun. It's a win/win.