Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Darling Dress from Grammy

My mom surprised me with this dress for Lydia over the summer. It took me a while to get my brain adjusted to the idea that Lydia really is big enough for this dress. I mean, it has an actual waist with darting and everything!

The fabric is SO sweet and, even though I don't dress Lydia in a lot of red, I do LOVE the checkered red trim with this fabric. It seems so perfect for school themed photos that I wanted her to wear it on picture day. (Luckily her preschool class takes pictures first and then the teachers let the kids change into play clothes so the dress remains pretty for another special event.)

I made Lydia an extra big hair bow (following the steps that I explained in this Hair Bow How-To). Much like the dress, I also worried that this bow was way too big, but I liked the look so much that I went out and bought more super wide ribbon the next day. Anyway, back to Grammy's dress. As long as she was dressed up, I took a few pictures of Lydia in her new dress to share with my mom right away via Facebook.

We even tried a few photos with baby brother but he wasn't really ready to pose for the camera yet! Lydia looks great. Maybe I can photoshop a house plant into that wagon! (Just kidding Joshua but we will keep working on your poses... Think "Blue Steel" like Zoolander!)

It was a busy morning, but I am really glad that we took a few minutes to take a few pictures to document Lydia in this special dress. Thanks mom!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! That dress is too precious!

Cheryl said...

FYI: the pattern is a Daisy Kingdom by Simplicity. Pattern #7607 but it was made in 1997.