Saturday, August 1, 2009

A gift for Baby Charlie.



My friend Cindy is decorating her 2nd nursery in less than two years. When big sister isn't big enough to move out of the crib and your trying to put your house on the market to build something bigger, it can be difficult to choose decorations that will spruce up an old room and still work when you move to the new. Cindy found some nice brown gingham check bedding, but wanted something for the window. She had an adorable stuffed blue bunny in the crib when she asked me what I thought. The bunny's tag said his name was Charlie, just like the new baby. I was so excited to find this blue and brown plaid fabric on the remnant pile at my favorite discount upholstery shop. Then when I saw the brown farm animal fabric, with bunnies included, I knew I would make some type of pillows to coordinate. I was able to get 2 valances out of the plaid and still had some extra to trim out the bunny pillows. My idea is that the valances can be gathered together to cover the one big window in the current nursery, but later they can be separated should the new house have two windows. The extra fabric was just enough to make one last pillow with Baby Charlie's initial.

No comments: