Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Days

We got snow on Sunday night and it was enough of a sure thing that they announced the Monday school closing on Sunday night. We awoke to a pretty white powdery covering and REALLY cold temperatures. The snow was too powdery to make anything out of and it was too cold to be outside for long. We spent more time finding and putting on our snow gear than we spent outside!Knowing that I didn't have to work on Monday, I stayed up late Sunday night searching Target's website for new bedding for Lydia's big girl room. It is still a work in progress and I have given myself a Christmas deadline to finish what I can and then put away the paints and fabrics and call it done!Here is the fabric I bought months ago. And here is the bedspread I ordered. Hopefully they coordinate well enough. I wanted something with the same colors, but a little more youthful and fun. I still haven't decided what I am making out of the fabric that I bought and I am hoping that getting one part figured out will help. I was also hoping it would be delivered today, but an ice storm has closed schools and made just walking difficult. I doubt deliveries are running and I can't even get to my studio over the garage to make anything anyway. Hmm, looks like I am stuck cleaning today! Happy Snow (I mean ice) day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love the fabric & bedding! Can't wait to see what you do with it.