Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jen's Hat in Progress

This is not my sister, nor is this her hat. It is the same idea that she came up with for her Alice in Wonderland themed Mad Hatter Tea Party hat. I must point out hat she had her idea without seeing this hat. After she told me her idea, I happened to google tea and cup and hat and found this one on Etsy. I like the tea bag taf hanging down Minnie Pearl style.
So, a while back Jen said she wanted a tea cup hat and I found a very ugly, but very lightweight plastic tea cup at Goodwill. I paper mached it to a paper plate so they were connected and uniformly covered and painted. Then I got a little stuck on the details. Too much blank canvas and not enough of an idea what my sister wanted. I toyed around with a napkin and a spoon. I feel like the lonely tea cup needs something next to it.

After actually asking my sister what she wanted to wear on her head, it was decided that the cup needed to go ivory instead of white. She had the brilliant idea of forming the words "Drink Me" in the cream in the tea. LOVE IT!

She also suggested painting it to look more like fine china, so I suggested mimicking my grandmother's china, which she and I both inherited. It isn't finished yet, but you can see the formation of the design. Now we just have to settle on what is going on that very fancy, but yet very empty plate. I think I have talked her into a cookie that says "eat me". Any other ideas?



No comments: