Sunday, January 31, 2010

A New Coat for a New Baby

I finished sewing my third coat and got it in the mail, just as my cousin was going into labor. This is the first of my cousin's to have a baby since we have all reconnected via Facebook and it is so nice to see all the pictures and get the minute by minute details. I showed a glimpse of this coat behind the Bailey's tea cups, but here is the full picture. I can't wait to see an actual kid wearing it. The only size I have made fits 1-2 year olds, so it will be a little while for Adaline Rose to model it. In the mean time, here is the new baby.

And here is one more view of the new coat. It is polar fleece lined with cotton, like Lydia's coat. This is the first one I made with a collar instead of a hood. I think it is cute, but I am not sure if I prefer it to having the extra warmth of a hood. Hopefully Adaline will be good about wearing a hat! I have one more coat cut out of this same fabric and then I think it is time to tweek the pattern a little more. I want to try something differnet with how the sleeves connect to the coat. Same basic look, but hopefully a little easier to sew and to wear.
I think summer may be the perfect time for a school teacher to sew coats to sell in the fall. Any thoughts?

Shortly after I posted this, my cousin sent me this funny picture of Adeline wearing her way too big coat. She's swimming in it, but boy is she cute! Glad to know she got it!

No comments: