Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shhh. Don't tell Lydia!

So, I bit the bullet and bought a tea set. As mentioned in my last post, the ceramic set that I am making will be too fragile to actually play with. Besides, only time will tell if it survives the kiln and becomes a real tea set. Mostly, I like making something for Lydia's gifts, but I still want her to have a tea set to play with. I decided it needs to be sturdy and I liked the idea of it being Alice in Wonderlandish. So I found this vintage Plasco (as in plastic) Alive in Wonderland tea set on Ebay. It looks like a normal pretty tea set with pink flowers, but close up, you can see the characters impressed into the plastic. I think it is small, like child size, miniature, super small.
Hopefully, the diminutive size will be charming, not disappointing. I would like to be done searching for the perfect tea set. It's time for me to obsess about other things in my life, like the marathon I am running this weekend, that I am not trained for, or Lydia's CT scan on Friday. Hmmm. On second thought, tea set shopping sounds like much more fun!




No comments: