Monday, March 12, 2012

It's a.......

......perfectly healthy looking 18 and a half week old fetus! Ok, PJ and I do know a very specific fact about what sex it is, but we have vowed to keep silent until Easter. We always host a family dinner with Easter activities and have decided to use that moment for the big reveal! Until then, enjoy trying to guess from today's ultrasound images.
Exactly how many toes does that foot have?  I will have to count the fingers and toes when baby is born, for SURE!
Baby had a hand by it's mouth for most of the ultrasound.  Lydia never really sucked her thumb.  Maybe this baby is learning early!
 We ended up having Lydia with us for the ultrasound.  This was the Monday after the time change and I had a 7:30 appointment! (What was I thinking!?!)  And then, of course I woke up in the middle of the night and could't get back to sleep until about an hour before I needed to be up.....so we all woke up late and didn't have time to drop Lydia at preschool before the appointment. We didn't want Lydia to hear the gender because toddlers do NOT keep secrets!  So the ultrasound technician wrote the gender on a random ultrasound profile image for PJ and I to read the news.  Here is that image with my finger covering the word in question. 
And just so no one thinks my finger was hiding any obvious private parts, here is the same image with my finger to the side.  It's a totally random profile image, no gender clues other than the one the technician wrote on the screen. 

No comments: