Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dollar Store Stickers Turned Awesome Alphabet Art!

A friend of mine is looking for pink and green art for her daughter's room. She doesn't want anything trendy or too "girly", which is a little tough when your colors are pink and green! (she is aware of the irony) Mostly she wanted the art to be inspirational or educational in addition to being cute.

When I saw these adorable stickers at my local Dollar Tree, I got an idea for an easy way to make an artwork that fits all of her criteria. They were with the wall decals so they are a larger size. The colors were perfect. The best thing was the $1 a page price.

The only other supplies I needed were scissors and paper. Because the letters were big, and to make it easy to frame, I used a sheet of 11 x 14 white paper.

Next I cut the letters apart so that I could move them around to find the perfect layout.

When I got the alphabet arranged, I was unhappy with the three orange letters. There weren't any duplicates of these letters so I had to get creative.

In addition to the $1 alphabet stickers, I also purchased some green and pink circle stickers to use as accents. I pulled the white background off the orange letters and placed that background on the pink circle sticker to act as a pattern. I then cut out the new letters.

Above is the alphabet with all pink letters AND I added three green circles behind the I, the O, and the U. Because there is a heart in the center of the O, the hidden message in the alphabet is I (heart) U. Educational AND inspirational, not to mention artistic and AWESOME! All for $2 and a little time.

4 comments:

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

That turned out very cute!

Unknown said...

It is cute, I am wondering if you framed it for a child's room or displayed it somewhere?

Cindy deRosier said...

So incredibly clever! Love it!

Anna Schafer said...

which is a little tough when your colors are pink and green! (she is aware of the irony) Mostly she wanted the art to be inspirational or educational in addition to being cute.​​wall stickers for nursery