Friday, May 6, 2011

Give someone a hand for Mother's Day!

On Mother's Day, I like to take the opportunity to celebrate, not just my mom, but several family members who help mother my child. For the past two Mother's Days I have created something out of Lydia's hand print and give it to Lydia's Grammy, Nana, Auntie, and Grandma. Sometimes I remember to make an extra one for Lydia's scrapbook. Sometimes I forget or that extra one becomes the one mistake. Ooops!

I will be finishing up this year's hand print project over the weekend, and I don't want to show pictures of it until the recipients see it first, so here is a recap of the last two projects Lydia and I made. In 2009, I traced Lydia's hand (a difficult task at the time) and used the pattern to cut out several white shapes that were turned into paper flowers. I connected a few paper leaves and wrapped the whole thing with green floral tape to make a corsage to wear on Mother's Day.

Last year, Lydia got to help make painted hand prints. Once she was cleaned up, I put some glue on the back of a butterfly shape and let her stick it to the card. I finished it off with some Easter grass and hand lettered a message of thanks.

This year we are doing another painted hand, but with a different look. I'll show you real soon!

No comments: